Home security cameras can solely be placed as a warning—a display that notifies burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your home security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Luckily, today’s security cameras arrive equipped with a plethora of features all built to enable total protection for your home. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion sensors, these features help you to get the most from video surveillance in Eau Claire.
How To Set Up Your Eau Claire Video Surveillance For Maximum Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is installing them in the best areas within your home. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in frequented spots like the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera looking at main hallways, stairs, or other centralized areas intruders would have to enter through to access the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras work best to offer you a clear view of your patio, front walk, and yards, shed, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your front porch through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations around your house that are less vital to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Seclusion for you and your guests should be a primary regard prior to installing a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you desire a form of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Security Cameras
Device location is only the beginning in getting the utmost from home security cameras in Eau Claire. The innovations described below help to maximize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: See instant notifications on your smart device the instant unusual activity is detected. You can also program cameras to begin recording when activity is discovered which will increase camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your video surveillance to film and store clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of today’s security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to converse with guests with the device. Through your security app, you can give the illusion that you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they come back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and allows for a more exhaustive view of an area. Opt for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your home security cameras come with either LED or infrared sensors that can capture footage of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to notify you of movement happening on your yard or your porch and ignore animals passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera feeds, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app can send instant alerts when the detect something unusual taking place around your home.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Eau Claire is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security rises from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (715) 255-6964 or complete the form below to get started building your home security system today.