The latest residential security installations are getting more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to perform basic security tasks like activating your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to worry about these tasks ever again? When you implement geofencing in Eau Claire, you can just leave the driveway and have your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Eau Claire For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual boundary along the sides of your house, which you can arrange in your cell phone app. This convenient tool then tracks your mobile device to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then initiates pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart implements take advantage of to communicate with each other. This innovative approach aids your security system by grouping all elements onto one, unified network. You can institute specific boundaries on all sides of your property and assign particular actions if you cross the boundary.
To illustrate, shortly after you leave your premises, you could program your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you come back home, geofencing could be set to notify your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, activate lighting, and even alter your your temperature settings.
These are a handful of the technologies you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics such as TVs or appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are All Possible With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home’s security system in Eau Claire. When you download the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. Just tap your phone, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: set your smart components to operate at predetermined times. Have your lights start to dim to indicate that it's bedtime, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make specific components activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat turn on the fan if a smoke detector trips. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system notices unusual motion outside.
● Customize scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that all act in concert with each other. Make your smart bulbs lower, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or program the system for movie night with preset light and temperature levels.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to set the security system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and put down the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Eau Claire
Whether you’re looking for extra reassurance of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (715) 255-6964 or send in the form on this page to start designing your ideal security system.