There was a time not long ago when wired equipment was your only choice when installing a home security system. Forget positioning a and indoor camera on a table or governing your system with a smartphone. But, home security has changed dramatically over the years, and that’s largely due to the incorporation of wireless systems. You now have an array of additional perks to enjoy -- like remote access, components that connect and react to each other, and simpler installs. Wireless home security systems in Eau Claire will defend your home while making your life easier.
Things To Think About When Switching To Wireless
If you want to take advantage of everything wireless security is able to do, you have to have an adequate internet connection. If you have fast internet and a quality wireless router, you’re in a good position for a wireless installation.
If you’re worried about an internet or power outage, search for systems that have cellular and battery backups at hand to maintain the connection to your monitoring professionals indefinitely.
When you live in an area without reliable internet or cellular coverage, a wired system will likely be a wiser option. Or It may also be to your advantage financially to opt for a wired approach if you relocate to a house that already has wiring in place.
Benefits Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both traditional wired and wireless home security systems in Eau Claire will boost your property’s protection, which is the main purpose in the first place. But, if you like the idea of having the most current tech, consider the perks of wireless:
- Access from any location: Gain access to all the components in your house from your locks to your surveillance cameras directly from your mobile device using the ADT Control app. You can check camera footage, activate your smart lights, and even arm your system on the rare chance you forgot to do so. If an emergency comes up, you can have alerts dispatched right to your phone.
- Easy installation and customizing: Forget about the countless wires, crumbling drywall, and time-consuming installs. One of the greatest facets of wireless gadgets is that you can place them practically anywhere and in a quick and effortless fashion. If you wish to customize sometime in the future with new equipment, incorporating components into your configuration is easy.
- Communications between devices: Wireless capability makes smart home interactions possible with speedy, bi-directional communications. Program your system to take action in specified circumstances to increase your safety and deter break-ins. For instance, if your exterior video camera detects unusual movement on your property, it is able to automatically prompt your entryway lights to activate.
Drawbacks Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Eau Claire
Although wireless home security systems in Eau Claire have shown to be reliable, it’s only natural if you have a few reservations about using one. Let’s take a look at a handful of the most frequent areas of concern:
- Battery-run wireless components might fail when the battery dies. However, your smart devices will notify you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors typically should be positioned within a specified distance from your home’s command center. ADT offers range extenders in some situations to enhance your versatility.
- Comparable to any computer network, the threat of being hacked persists. You can do things to minimize the chance of this happening by using hard-to-crack passwords, always updating default passwords or settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only employ security devices with 128-bit encryption or higher.
Would You Like To Go Wireless? Reach Out To Your Security Specialists
Have you decided to reap the benefits of the latest in Eau Claire wireless home security? Call (715) 255-6964 to speak with the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will aid you in creating the right package for your residence.